Friday, March 30, 2012

Scheduling SSIS Package

Hi

I am trying to scheduling package using "Executing Sql Server Agent Task" before that I create new job,But there is error in STEP "Command Line Parameter are Invalid"

Anybody help me for configure jobs for Scheduling

I am new to SQL Server

Thanks in Advance

Now I want to save package in MSDB database but its gives en error as follows

"Login timeout expired
An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections.
Named Pipes Provider: Could not open a connection to SQL Server [2]. "

Can anybody helpout for this error

Note : Whats modification in SQL Server Setting so did not get this error

Actually here i am trying to save a package in MSDB database for run package through Sql Server job

thnaks in advance for your help

|||

Hi,

I am new to SSIS but have worked on other ETL tools. I was trying to schedule and run a SSIS package using SQL Server Agent. I created the job but when i tried to make a step of the Job, it asks for a type of step in a drop down. I cant see the step type required for running the SSIS packages as mentioned in the help files.

Please help me on this.

Regards,

Samaksh

|||

Doesn't matter. Execute your packages from the cmdexec subsystem using dtexec. You will get more useful error messages as explained here: http://wiki.sqlis.com/default.aspx/SQLISWiki/ScheduledPackages.html

-Jamie

|||Don't you see the type "SQL Server Integration Services Package" as one option in the dropdown? If you choose that, you can select where your package is.|||

Yes, the help file says to look at the "SQL Server Integration Services Package" as the option in the drop down, but i am unable to see it as an option. I tried various ways to check if the i can get to it, but each time "SQL Server Integration Services Package" is not there as an option.

Can this be the issue with the licence of the product or something similar. Because this is bizarre that the option is not coming in the list.

Regards,

Samaksh

No comments:

Post a Comment