Friday, March 30, 2012

Scheduling Running Of Proc's

Hello, I am trying to figure out the most appropriate means to schedule a
procedure to run at a specified interval during the day.
I see the SQL Server has "SQL Server Agent" which appears to allow you to
schedule jobs to be run at periodic times, but unfortuneately the smallest
interval that I can find is every hour and I was looking to schedule this to
run every few minutes. What other means is available to me to schdeule the
procedure to run every few minutes?
I did play around with the "SQL Server Agent" and the scheduling seems to work
just fine, but the email notification never occurs. The message that I
located for why the email notification did not occur is as follows "The job
succeeded. The Job was invoked by Schedule 1 (MyFirstSchedule). The last
step to run was step 1 (First Step). NOTE: Failed to notify 'JimHeavey' via
network popup. NOTE: Failed to notify 'JimHeavey' via email."
What do I not have set up correctly to cause the email notification not to
occur?
Thanks in advance for your assistance!!!!!!!!!!You can schedule a job to run every minute if you want. Does your SQL mail
work outside of jobs? If you go into operators and try to send a test email,
it is successful?
Also, is your SQL server on a different subnet that where you are logged in?
Perhaps the routers are blocking the type of traffic that is produced by the
net send's (network popup's)
To test this you could go on the server and type in a command prompt, "net
send yourloginname hello" and see if it pops up on your screen.
--
Ray Higdon MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA
--
"Jim Heavey" <Annomous@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:O8v7OkumDHA.2772@.TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Hello, I am trying to figure out the most appropriate means to schedule a
> procedure to run at a specified interval during the day.
> I see the SQL Server has "SQL Server Agent" which appears to allow you to
> schedule jobs to be run at periodic times, but unfortuneately the smallest
> interval that I can find is every hour and I was looking to schedule this
to
> run every few minutes. What other means is available to me to schdeule
the
> procedure to run every few minutes?
> I did play around with the "SQL Server Agent" and the scheduling seems to
work
> just fine, but the email notification never occurs. The message that I
> located for why the email notification did not occur is as follows "The
job
> succeeded. The Job was invoked by Schedule 1 (MyFirstSchedule). The last
> step to run was step 1 (First Step). NOTE: Failed to notify 'JimHeavey'
via
> network popup. NOTE: Failed to notify 'JimHeavey' via email."
> What do I not have set up correctly to cause the email notification not to
> occur?
> Thanks in advance for your assistance!!!!!!!!!!
>
>
>|||OK how do you configure the job to run every minute?
I am running the MSDE version of SQL server and I have gotten all of the tools
from an accedemic version of the software from school. It would not load the
full version of the product on my XP machine for some reason. But to me it
looks like full blown version of SQL server.
I have run anything through "SQL mail". Does this have to be configure for
the mail feature to work for job scheduling? Did not seem to mind going
through the script. How do I go about setting that up?
"Ray Higdon" <rayhigdon@.higdonconsulting.com> wrote in message
news:OzojzxumDHA.2820@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> You can schedule a job to run every minute if you want. Does your SQL mail
> work outside of jobs? If you go into operators and try to send a test email,
> it is successful?
> Also, is your SQL server on a different subnet that where you are logged in?
> Perhaps the routers are blocking the type of traffic that is produced by the
> net send's (network popup's)
> To test this you could go on the server and type in a command prompt, "net
> send yourloginname hello" and see if it pops up on your screen.
> --
> Ray Higdon MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA
> --
> "Jim Heavey" <Annomous@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:O8v7OkumDHA.2772@.TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> > Hello, I am trying to figure out the most appropriate means to schedule a
> > procedure to run at a specified interval during the day.
> >
> > I see the SQL Server has "SQL Server Agent" which appears to allow you to
> > schedule jobs to be run at periodic times, but unfortuneately the smallest
> > interval that I can find is every hour and I was looking to schedule this
> to
> > run every few minutes. What other means is available to me to schdeule
> the
> > procedure to run every few minutes?
> >
> > I did play around with the "SQL Server Agent" and the scheduling seems to
> work
> > just fine, but the email notification never occurs. The message that I
> > located for why the email notification did not occur is as follows "The
> job
> > succeeded. The Job was invoked by Schedule 1 (MyFirstSchedule). The last
> > step to run was step 1 (First Step). NOTE: Failed to notify 'JimHeavey'
> via
> > network popup. NOTE: Failed to notify 'JimHeavey' via email."
> >
> > What do I not have set up correctly to cause the email notification not to
> > occur?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for your assistance!!!!!!!!!!
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>

No comments:

Post a Comment