Friday, March 30, 2012

scheduling the job to process a dts package

I am new to sqlserver.

Could anybody please help me by giving me a syntax for the command in job schedular to run dts package

i enter the job name in the first screen of the wizard.

I entered the step name. type Transact SQL

database msdb

What should i enter in command text box

My dts package name is fullcube.

Thanks in advance

The easiest way to schedule a DTS package in SQL 2000 is to navigate to the package in Enterprise Manager, right click on the package and choose the "Schedule Package..." option.

This will create a SQL Agent job to execute the package, by default I think it encrypts the command line.

The other way to execute a DTS package is to use the DTexec command line utility. To get a list of the parameters for this utility, type in "DTEXEC /?" to a command line window. If you wanted to you could manually do what the "Schedule Package..." screen does and create a SQL job that has a CmdExec step that calls DTExec.

No comments:

Post a Comment