Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Scheduling not working

I have an Active Task in a DTS which uses CDONTS to send an email. When I
execute the package manually it works. The schedule doesn't. It says in the
job list that it has been successful. The email does not, however, get sent.
The job, server agent and task scheduler are all enabled. I have even tried
setting up the job/dts package on the server in case there was some kind of
permissions issue. Any ideas? Regards, Chris.
The solution was specify a user name that belonged to sysadmin when creating
the package and schedule.
"Chris Kennedy" <chrisknospam@.cybase.co.uk> wrote in message
news:enmaP4%23REHA.3444@.TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> I have an Active Task in a DTS which uses CDONTS to send an email. When I
> execute the package manually it works. The schedule doesn't. It says in
the
> job list that it has been successful. The email does not, however, get
sent.
> The job, server agent and task scheduler are all enabled. I have even
tried
> setting up the job/dts package on the server in case there was some kind
of
> permissions issue. Any ideas? Regards, Chris.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment