Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Scheduling of snapshot agent

I have replicated a database as a snapshot replication. I have
scheduled distribution agent to run at the interval of one hour daily
from 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM. Do i also need to schedule snapshot agent
accordingly? What will be optimal schedule depending on the scheduling
of distribution agent?
Quick reply will be appreciated
Ali Raza Rajput
Database Administratoryes you have to configure the snapshot agent to run
before synchoronization runs otherwise no data will be updated
--
thanks,
joey
"perhiyar" wrote:

> I have replicated a database as a snapshot replication. I have
> scheduled distribution agent to run at the interval of one hour daily
> from 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM. Do i also need to schedule snapshot agent
> accordingly? What will be optimal schedule depending on the scheduling
> of distribution agent?
> Quick reply will be appreciated
> Ali Raza Rajput
> Database Administrator
>|||Thanks for reply joeydj
I am monitoring the snapshot agent and distribution agent.I have
noticed the latency for distribution agent upto 352373 (msec) on LAN.
I think it is abnormal what do you say?
Ali Raza Perhiyar
joeydj wrote:
> yes you have to configure the snapshot agent to run
> before synchoronization runs otherwise no data will be updated
> --
> thanks,
> --
> joey
>
> "perhiyar" wrote:
>sql

No comments:

Post a Comment