Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Scheduling jobs?

I need to schedule a job to run 6 days after the last Friday of the month.
How would I go about this?
Using SQL Server 2000 SP4
thanks in advanced.Hi,
SQLAgent will allow you to schedule based on the requirement. But what you
could do is schedule the job for all 30 days and
inside the procerdure you could write the logic to control this. For the
other days the procedure just checks and exits.
Thanks
Hari
"philt" <philt@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:3DE331CC-CE2B-4444-AB82-D80685FC099E@.microsoft.com...
>I need to schedule a job to run 6 days after the last Friday of the month.
> How would I go about this?
> Using SQL Server 2000 SP4
> thanks in advanced.|||Thanks Hari,
I understand what you are saying and did think about doing it that way. The
problem is I'm not sure what logic I could use or how as I don't write much
code. I'm reading up on GETDATE to see if that helps but if you or others
have an example it would be really helpful and appreciated.
Cheers,
Phil
"Hari Prasad" wrote:
> Hi,
> SQLAgent will allow you to schedule based on the requirement. But what you
> could do is schedule the job for all 30 days and
> inside the procerdure you could write the logic to control this. For the
> other days the procedure just checks and exits.
> Thanks
> Hari
> "philt" <philt@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:3DE331CC-CE2B-4444-AB82-D80685FC099E@.microsoft.com...
> >I need to schedule a job to run 6 days after the last Friday of the month.
> > How would I go about this?
> >
> > Using SQL Server 2000 SP4
> >
> > thanks in advanced.
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment